Setting the ENV to run WLST scripts remotely
1. Install Java, Python, Jython. Set path for each installation.
2. Download the Zip distribution for Oracle WebLogic Server only that is intended for Weblogic Server development. At the time of this writing, I have Weblogic server version 10.3.5. The zipped version is about 180MB and very light. Unzip the contents.
4. Inorder to setup the ENV you need to run setWLSEnv.cmd or .exe file depending on your OS. This file is located under your weblogic installation folder – “C:\wlserver\server\bin”
5. If you get errors while running file, then open the file setWLSEnv.cmd and make sure the paths that this file needs are set in your environment variables. If you don’t have them, set them and re-run the file. You should see a message confirming that your environment has been set.
6. To run your WLST scripts you need to set the env in the shell first. Followed by the command “java weblogic.WLST filename.py”